Lifelong Learning Ė is the key concept of the Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics.
MESI provides preliminary courses for entrants, secondary vocational training at MESI College and a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the university. Following the LLL philosophy, MESI has developed various educational programs including professional development and retraining courses, Masters and MBA programs. Since 2005, MESI has introduced a two-tiered system of training: Bachelorís Ė Masterís degree. MESI also offers every form of training: full-time, part-time and distance. All programs at MESI include wide use of e-learning technologies: as the base technology for correspondence students and as course maintenance technology for students of full-time and part-time programs taught face-to-face.
Secondary vocational education at the MESI College.
During their studies at MESI College, students acquire professional competences and have an opportunity to successfully combine learning and work. Later, College graduates can improve their qualifications by getting higher professional education on bachelor and master programs. Areas of study: Banking, Applied Informatics, Economics and Accounting, Insurance and Information systems.
Higher education based on secondary vocational education in a shortened time period.
College graduates are able to get higher professional education in a shortened timeframe: for 2.5-3 years. Areas of study: Economics, Law, State and municipal management, Management, Applied informatics.
MESI offers Bachelor programs in 15 areas of study. The faculty teaching on these programs has rich practical experience in various companies and organizations as well as holds PhD or Doctorate Degrees, and provides necessary textbooks and teaching aids/tutorials. MESI professors actively use special software products, e-learning technologies, training and master classes in the learning process.
- Management (Majors: Management of organization; Information management; Management of competitiveness; Project management; International management; Industrial management; Media management; Crisis management; Marketing; Sport management; Management for the performing arts; Management in the tourism and hospitality industries).
- Human Resource Management (Majors: Managing the professional development of staff; Organization, normalization and regulation of labor; Employment management).
- State and municipal management.
- Commerce (Majors: Commerce; E-commerce; Marketing in commercial activities).
- Economics (Majors: Accounting, analysis and audit; Business statistics and forecasting; Mathematical methods in economics; Taxes and tax assessment; Economics of organizations and enterprises; Labour economics; Investment activities; Financial management; Finance and banking; Global economics).
- Informatics and computer engineering (Majors: Automated data processing and management).
- Information security (Majors: Security of automatic systems; Information-analytical system of financial monitoring).
- Mathematical support and management of information systems (Majors: System Programming; Administration of Information Systems).
- Applied informatics (Majors: Applied informatics in economics; Applied informatics in management; Applied informatics in education and educational technology).
- Business informatics (Major: Enterprise architecture).
- Innovation (Major: Management of innovation in information and communications technologies).
- Law (Majors: Civil law; Financial law; Legal ensuring of information security; International law; Legal basis of state and municipal administration).
- Psychology (Major: Organizational psychology).
- Psycho-pedagogical education (Majors: E-pedagogy; Practical psychology in education).
- Linguistics (Majors: Translation; Theory and practice of intercultural communication).
MESI offers different Master programs depending on the level of professional experience that applicants have. Master programs for applicants with professional experience of less than 3 years These Master programs created for the recent graduates use not only traditional learning techniques but also imply various business games, case studies, master classes and trainings held by representatives of the leading companies, both Russian and foreign, and therefore prepare students for their future career. MESI actively encourages research activities of Master students allowing them to implement different ideas and projects.
- Management (Majors: Strategic and Corporate Management, Marketing Management, International Business)
- Economics (Majors: International Economics and International Relations; Accounting, Taxation, Analysis and Audit; Economics and Finance; Statistical and Mathematical Methods for Analysis and Forecasting in Economics)
- Applied informatics (Majors: Systems of Corporate Management, Applied Informatics for Education and Educational Technology, IT Consulting for enterprises and organizations)
MBA programmes are designed in accordance with the governmental requirements and contain the core modules of the corresponding programmes from the USA and from Europe. They are aimed at developing highly qualified and creative executives who are able to apply the latest management techniques and handle any business challenge.
- General MBA
- MBA in Strategic Management
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Information Management
- Double Degree Executive MBA Program with IEDC Bled School of Management (Slovenia)
Programs of Second Higher Education.
For those who hold first degree and would like to obtain another degree of the similar or complementary field of study in shorter period of time MESI offers the following programs that are run in a part-time format:
- Accounting, Analysis and Audit
- Crisis Management
- Finance and Credit
PhD and Doctoral programs.
Postgraduate education provides the ability for students to get the highest academic qualification, which corresponds with PhD and doctoral degree. MESI carries out PhD and doctoral studies in two forms: full-time and correspondence. Postgraduate courses have 15 licensed programs in the following fields:
- Computer Engineering and Automation
- Physics and Mathematics
Professional retraining programs.
Professional retraining programs at MESI enable students to obtain new knowledge, skills and approaches to professional challenges in such areas like finance, insurance, financial management, marketing and knowledge management. MESI offers a wide range of various training programs - from short-term courses, seminars and training to comprehensive professional retraining programs, which can last from 6 to 11 months.
Professional development programs.
Professional development programs at MESI are made for those who would like to gain new knowledge in information technology, management, marketing and finance. Currently MESI offers the following programs:
- Statistics and mathematical methods in economics: up-to-date trends and teaching methods
- NIMA professional certification program for marketers (implemented jointly with the Netherlands Institute of Marketing (NIMA) and the European Training Centre of the Netherlands (ETCN).
Russian Language Summer School.
Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI) invites you to the Russian Language Summer School that is a perfect opportunity not only to learn Russian but also to be integrated into a Russian speaking community and to enjoy one of largest cities of the world. We offer a 3-week program both for those who would like to start learning Russian and for those who wish to improve their skills. Classes are held in international groups of 7―10 students based on the Russian language competences. more