Over its many years, the university has prepared generations of highly qualified, competent, and creative specialists. MESI graduates can be found among the employees of The Central Bank of Russia, the State Tax Service, the State Committee on Statistics, customs authorities, in the economic and accounting departments of major companies, in the analysis departments of banks, in courts and large legal firms, in Russian ministries and authorities, and also within the Presidential Administration. Many of them are employed as highly qualified specialists and experts with international organizations, such as the UN and UNESCO, and large international corporations.
MESI graduates are professionals in their sphere and masters of modern information technology working in more than 83 countries around the world.
MESI is rightfully proud of its graduates, who thanks to the knowledge and skills they have gained during their studies have earned themselves worthy positions in life and are working for Russia and other countries.
- Vyacheslav Gaizer – head of the Republic of Komi
- Yevgeny Yuryev – adviser to the President of the Russian Federation on social matters
- Alexander Surinov – head of the Federal Service for State Statistics
- Boris Nuraliev – developer of the Accounting 1C accounting system and general director of 1C
- Peter Dimitrov – Minister of Economics of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Enkhtuvshin Batboldyn – Vice President of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences, head of the department of the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science of Mongolia
- Puntsagiin Jasrai – Prime Minister of Mongolia
- Kingston Rhodes – Chairman of the UN International Civil Service Commission
- Rose Nassimento – First Secretary of the Embassy of the Republic of Angola in the Russian Federation
- Andrzej Gospodarowicz – rector of the Economics University in Wroclaw, Chairman of the Financial Sciences Committee in the Department of Humanitarian and Social Sciences in the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Fan Kong Nghia – Pro-rector of the Hanoi State Economics University, deputy chairman of the Central Board and Presidium of the Vietnam-Russia Friendship Association
- Vo Van Hong – owner of the Majestic Salute chain of hotels in Hanoi
- Georgi Kolev – deputy of the National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria
- László Turoci – member of the presidium of the Hungarian Association of Castle Hotels, owner of the Fried Hotel
- Nyamjavyn Batbayar – deputy of the State Great Khural of Mongolia, member of the Standing Committee for Budget, President of the Association of Mongolian MESI Graduates
- Pandiin Byambatseren – head of the National Statistical Office of Mongolia
- Peneva Penka – associate professor, deputy dean of the Informatics Department at the Economic in Varna
- Phan Bich Thien – President of the Vietnam Women Association in Hungary
- Enkhbaatar Songiny – director of the capital tax service in Ulan Bator
- Yamba Pungol Ñanten Polen – advisor on economic matters to the Embassy of the Central African Republic in the Russian Federation
- Janos Szabo – head of the Ukrainian Representation Office of Richter Gedeon (a Hungarian pharmaceutical company)